nve(4) timeout fix

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Fri Apr 28 23:47:27 UTC 2006

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> John Baldwin wrote:

>>> I also applied this patch to my FreeBSD 6.1RC (Asus A8N-E) for testing
>>> and it works perfectly. By now I don't have any timeouts anymore!
>>>
>>> Will it be added to the official release of 6.1 or CURRENT?
>>>

>> It's in current but is probably too late for 6.1.
>>

> Why is it too late? If it fixes a known stability problem, then why cant
> it be commited? If no commits are allowed during the -RC phase, then
> what is 6.1-RELEASE waiting for?

Because there is always a last minute stream of bug fixes, and when you
wait for one, another one comes up that you wait for, then another, etc,
etc.  At some point we have to draw the line.  Also, it's good to let
changes shake out for a few days before cutting a release.  It's not
uncommon for serious problems to be exposed several days after a commit.
SO again, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Scott