Disk I/O-related panics in 6.0-RELEASE?

Brian Tao taob at luxography.ca
Wed Apr 5 04:59:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Brian Tao wrote:

> I'll have to check in on it tomorrow and slap a serial console on
> it.  If 6.1 isn't much better, I'll try putting an i386 kernel on it
> instead and see if I can rule out flakey hardware.

    No go with RELENG_6... kernel panic during a buildworld attempt
with the new kernel.  Additionally, on reboot, the background fsck
eventually hangs in disk wait on snaplk.  The system slowly becomes
inaccessible as more and more processes access the filesystem and also
hang on snaplk.

    There doesn't seem to be anything for savecore to dump when the
system tries to come back up either.  Any other information I should
be providing, beyond what is included in the tar file below (kernel
config file, dmesg, kgdb output)?

http://www.luxography.ca/tmp/amd64_panics.tgz

--
Brian Tao, Luxography