Sun Fire X4100 now booting from LSI1064 SAS

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Apr 4 15:01:57 UTC 2006

On Apr 4, 2006, at 10:51 AM, David Paul Zimmerman wrote:

> I'll be doing a csup today to bring it up to date.  Here's my
> current kernel log, if it's interesting to anyone (the virtual CD
> and floppy errors don't bother me):

I tried *every* possible bios config to turn off those stupid virtual
devices, but they won't go away.  I think it is a bug in the BIOS
that turning them of doesn't really turn them off :-(

Also, if you have >= 4GB RAM, you have to go in and enable the
software "PCI HOLE" remapping or you lose 1GB of it.