Wine on AMD64 - Any status or success stories?

K Anderson freebsduser at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 19:16:14 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephanie Daugherty" <stephanie at sosdg.org>
To: <freebsd-amd64 at freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:12 PM
Subject: Wine on AMD64 - Any status or success stories?

>I know this pops up a lot, but is anyone actively trying to fix Wine under
> AMD64? I've googled through the list archives quickly and haven't seen
> much
> change in in over a year...
>
> Any progress? Any pointers on where to start or on what has to be done to
> get
> it working? What can be done to help?
I'm not sure if it is the 64 bit version of Wine (WINE, or wine) but on my
SuSe 9.2 system it works. I have only putzed around with it. The only
application I am using it for at the moment is winamp.

I really didn't have to config anything I think it did it for me, I may have
had to tweak a few config files but that's about it.

So that's my sucess.