mobile sempron 2800+

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Wed Sep 28 14:22:55 PDT 2005

 hi
can some tell me if this should run better on amd64 or i386 or if this even is
a 64bits processor?

this processor appearently runs in windows with amdk8 driver and even if I get
nothing special form dmesg

CPU: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+ (1600.06-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x20fc2  Stepping = 2

Features=0x78bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,C
LFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>
  Features2=0x1<SSE3>
  AMD Features=0xc2500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,<b25>,3DNow+,3DNow>

pciconf it tells me

'SiS760 Athlon 64 CPU to PCI Bridge'
'Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
'Athlon 64 / Opteron Address Map'
'Athlon 64 / Opteron DRAM Controller'
'Athlon 64 / Opteron Miscellaneous Control'

thanks
João