amd64/86229: Missing recvmsg syscall in freebsd32 API causes sshd crash on amd64

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 26 14:00:35 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR amd64/86229; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-amd64 at freebsd.org,
 Phil Regnauld <pr-gnats at catpipe.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/86229: Missing recvmsg syscall in freebsd32 API causes sshd crash on amd64
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:51:34 -0400

 I haven't tested it on amd64 at all (hopefully the freebsd32 part
 compiles :-P), but here is a patch to add a kern_recvit() function and use it
 to implement freebsd32_recvmsg().  Note that I'm not sure that some other
 functions like sendmsg() actually work correctly for freebsd32 as they are
 copying in a 32-bit msghdr and expecting it to be a 64-bit msghdr.

 http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/freebsd32_recvmsg.patch