dmesg from Tyan Tomcat K8E 2865

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Fri Sep 23 21:49:52 PDT 2005

Tyan Tomcat K8E 2865 running FreeBSD 6.0 beta 3
Here's the stuff from dmesg that doesn't look quite right:

acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
pci0: <memory> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 1.1 (no driver attached)
pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 4.0 (no driver attached)
pci_link3: BIOS IRQ 10 does not match initial IRQ 5
pci1: <display, VGA> at device 5.0 (no driver attached)

Suggestions on how to fix any of those would be welcome.

Dispite the "no driver attached", X.org does seem to talk to the
onboard video (ati rage xl).  I'm not sure how it does this without
a driver?  Gee, if it had a driver maybe it could do sync-on-green...

For comparison, here is what NetBSD-current complains about:

  Nvidia nForce4 Memory Controller (miscellaneous memory, revision 0xa3) at pci0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
  Nvidia nForce4 SMBus (SMBus serial bus, revision 0xa2) at pci0 dev 1 function 1 not configured
  Nvidia product 0x0057 (miscellaneous bridge, revision 0xa3) at pci0 dev 10 function 0 not configured

It is not obvious to me what memory the nforce4 is supposed to be controlling,
since the memory controller is supposed to be in the amd64 chip itself.