90nm core opterons scrapped?

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Thu Sep 22 15:03:39 PDT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:23:14 +0200
Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans at bredband.net> wrote:

> Well they are listed  as an existing item .
>
> punch in  244  in the  model number dialouge  at:
>
> http://www.amdcompare.com/us%2Den/opteron/
>

> However they do seem to be a tad old today  as the  254 model  is
> a whole Gigahertz  faster
> Why do you need them ?
>
> //Lars

Well, yeah, they're definitely faster.  Also another $700 each more
expensive.  I need them for a project and have been waiting on them for
4 months now, each month AMD pushing them out another 30 days.  Getting
to be freakin' ridiculous!  But definitely not very funny.  AMD is now
telling my distributor that the 90nm cores were NEVER released, wh/I
don't find very believable.  So I am curious, does anyone have any 90nm
cores, or is the AMD guy telling the truth about th CG being the "most
recent"?

 -- Best regards,

Ken Gunderson

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?