amd64/85972: Movement of USB mouse in CLI causes freeze

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Sun Sep 11 06:10:21 PDT 2005

>Number:         85972
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Movement of USB mouse in CLI causes freeze
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700 USB. Movement of the cordless mouse in CLI causes a full input freeze. This is a fresh install. The bug has been existing in FreeBSD 5.4 also. Cant speak of earlier versions because I only got the cordless desktop recently. Works while using a USB -> PS/2 adapter, but no scrolling is possible.
>How-To-Repeat:
Get the same cordless desktop, make a fresh install, start typing in CLI and then move your mouse. Nomore keyboard or mouse input possible.
>Fix:
Disable USBD.