nForce4-SLI, AHCI and NCQ and FreeBSD 6.0

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Tue Sep 6 05:52:10 PDT 2005

Hello.
I have a little question about the popular nForce4-SLI chipset for the
Socket 939 platform. The onboard SATA controller of the nForce4-SLI
chipset claims to be NCQ (or SATA II) capable, but nVidia implemented
this feature in a not-AHCI-standardised way, but as an own solution. My
question is: Is the FBSD 6.X driver for the nForce4-SLI chipset capable
of using NCQ (as I know, the driver has to enable NCQ and it's not done
automatically by the harddrive-controller interaction).

Thanks in advance,
Oliver