Compaq V2310 (about TI cardbus)

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 26 16:40:27 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 07:18 pm, Peter Carah wrote:
> Anyhow, I wondered about the cardbus problem...  (hits both my
> 802.11 card and my 5220 card, so is pretty generic).  I enabled
> debug for the cardbus driver and get NO output whatever on cardbus
> insertion (lots of output for 16-bit, and the card even works).

Sounds very familiar...  Can you send me verbose boot messages when
you have it back on line?

> At the moment, I can't get a dmesg because someone messed up the
> kldloader to put out several thousand error messages on boot  (bad
> relocation type 10).  I'll try another cvsup tonight to see if that
> is fixed and resend this with an attached dmesg whenever possible,
> if it would help whoever works on this stuff.  (or I *could* boot
> in single user, dmesg, then go to multi...)

I guess you have 'makeoptions DEBUG=-g' in you kernel config.  Comment
it out and rebuild.  Alternatively you can back these out for now:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200510250905.j9P9575Z002500
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200510242354.j9ONsd0S052397

Jung-uk Kim