linux NX client works

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Oct 19 15:34:58 PDT 2005

In spite of the port for linux-nx-client claiming not to work on non-i386, it
does for amd64 with the linux compatibility stuff installed. I ended up with
(at least):

linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_3 XFree86 libraries, Linux binary
linux-fontconfig-2.2.3 Linux/i386 binary of Fontconfig
linux-jpeg-6b.15_4  RPM of the JPEG lib
linux-nx-client-1.4.0_2 The NoMachine NX client
linux_base-8-8.0_7  Base set of packages needed in Linux mode (for i386/amd64)

After munging the ONLY_FOR_ARCHS line in the nx client port. One thing is that
it doesn't RUN_DEPEND on the linux X libs and similar, so you can install the
port without those and it will fail to run.

Now all we need is the linux-nx-server to run, or better, native ports of the
whole NX toolchain.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot