amd64/87436: gui does not start on the ATI RS480 M2-IL chipset board with AMD64 processor

M Prabu mprabu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:05:35 PDT 2005

i have a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor system with MSI RS480 M2-IL
board. my chipset is ATI RS480. i have a segate 80 GB harddisk . the
video is onboard ATI Express 200 series. i installed Free BSD i my
system from the cd which i burnt from the cd images given in the Digit
magazine. the version is FREE BSD 5.2.1 Warty release. the default
booting does not start and only the safemode starts and no GUI appears
in the safemode.

if you need more details please mention the detail you want.

prabu