amd64/87472: I downloaded 5.4 and went to install it, but it keeps on crashing and won't install

Mark LaDoux LaDoux.Mark at techie.com
Fri Oct 14 21:40:14 PDT 2005

>Number:         87472
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       I downloaded 5.4 and went to install it, but it keeps on crashing and won't install
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
              Install problem, can't find files on disk, although i double checked the disk and it is find, it can't find the cdrom drive, freezes up for a second and reboots, never opens a virtual console to allow me to do a uname
>How-To-Repeat:
              put disk one into the drive and boot under option one or 2, (thought it might be the ACPI) do a standard install... once you commit, the problem starts