request for some information amd64 status

pallen at donut.ugcs.caltech.edu pallen at donut.ugcs.caltech.edu
Sun Oct 9 01:15:43 PDT 2005

Well at least one nit involved the boot-strapping.

It appears that when you exec an i386 binary, the kernel
insists on using /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1  which furtuer
depends on a hints file written by the amd64 native ldconfig
run with the -32 flag.

The next nit came up when running a source build within the
jail.  The build system inspects hw.machine_arch and gets
back amd64.

This raises an interesting question: namely that there is
nothing similar to the "linux32" (on linux) command

or is there?

-Paul