/etc/make.conf

ray at redshift.com ray at redshift.com
Sat Oct 8 22:02:56 PDT 2005

At 12:58 AM 10/9/2005 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
| On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 09:52:52PM -0700, ray at redshift.com wrote:

| > running

| > |
| > | Don't try to use elite home-grown CFLAGS unless you know precisely
| > | what you're doing.  Just set CPUTYPE and use the default CFLAGS.
| > |
| > | Kris
| > |
| > | Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora2\ATTACH\Re etcmake.conf"
| > |

| > I set CPUTYPE=opteron and CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -funroll-loops
| >
| > seems to be working well.  Thanks!
|
| OK, so you chose to ignore my advice.  When you run into problems,
| please remember not to report them before reverting to the default
| CFLAGS setting.
|
| Kris
|

| Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora2\ATTACH\Re etcmake1.con"

I've been running those flags for years - if you would like to supply some logic
as to why they won't work on the AMD platform, then maybe that would help.  If
your advice is just "don't do that, it's bad", then doesn't help much.  -O2 has
always worked fine for our production servers.  What flag specifically are you
nervous about?

Ray