Which MySQL version best to use and with/without linux threads?

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Tue Oct 4 15:07:08 PDT 2005

On October 1, 2005 09:17 am, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 04:31:45PM +0200, Bj?rn K?nig wrote:
> > Freddie Cash wrote:
> > >Scott Long and Kris Kenneway ran various benchmarks back in the
> > > early 5.x days comparing MySQL 4 compiled with LinuxThreads,
> > > libc_r, libkse (the default threading library on 5.x and 6.x),
> > > and libthr.  In almost all cases, libkse was just as faster or
> > > faster than LinuxThreads.

> > Do you have a reference? I couldn't reproduce this conclusion.

> I suspect it was Robert Watson, not me (or my strangely-named cousin

I retract my comment on who did the benchmarks.  I can no longer find
the thread that had the benchmarks I was referring to, either in my
local mail store or via google.  Sorry for the confusion.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca