Which MySQL version best to use and with/without linux threads?

Michael VInce mv at roq.com
Sun Oct 2 20:44:16 PDT 2005

I did benchmarks with Linux threads and without on 5.x and found Linux
threads didn't help at all. It probably does on 4.x  though.
And i did consistently benchmark 4.0.x faster then 4.1 but it wasn't a
large amount of difference.
If your db server isn't maxed out in anyway and there are features in
4.1 you want then I would see little harm in upgrading.

Mike