New to FreeBSD/AMD64

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Oct 1 08:21:37 PDT 2005

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:53:51 +0200
Stefan 'Steve' Tell <steve.tell at crashmail.de> wrote:

> Is there anything special on FreeBSD/amd64?

Ther are other people reading this list that knows much more about this
than me, they will probably give you a better answer.
No, I shouldn't think that amd64 is 2special" in any way, we have other
64-bit platforms.

However, if you are running RELENG_6 you are running -current / beta
code, which may or may not work at any point in time.

One other thing, you get a segfault and a core dump.  You could analyze
this core dump for clues as to what went wrong.

Hope this helps a little.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,