amd64/89503: Cant Boot Installation Disk

Antoine Pelisse apelisse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:10:11 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR amd64/89503; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Antoine Pelisse <apelisse at gmail.com>
To: Faris <Faris at heatandcomfort.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, freebsd-amd64 at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/89503: Cant Boot Installation Disk
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:02:54 +0000

 ------=_Part_30189_22148545.1132934574264

 There is a fix for this bug and it's documented by atkbd(5) in the Driver
 Flags section:
      bit 3 (NO_PROBE_TEST)
            When this option is given, the atkbd driver will not test the
 key-
            board port during the probe routine.  Some machines hang during
            boot when this test is performed.
 However, this doesn't work on my AMD64 laptop computer and I'm currently
 trying to pinpoint the actual problem. (seems to be related to the keyboard
 nonetheless)

 ------=_Part_30189_22148545.1132934574264

 There is a fix for this bug and it's documented by atkbd(5) in the Driver F=
 lags section:<br>

 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; bit 3 (NO_PROBE_TEST)<br>

 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When this opti=
 on is given, the atkbd driver will not test the key-<br>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; board port
 during the probe routine.&nbsp; Some machines hang during<br>

 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; boot when this=
  test is performed.<br>
 However, this doesn't work on my AMD64 laptop computer and I'm
 currently trying to pinpoint the actual problem. (seems to be related
 to the keyboard nonetheless)<br>

 ------=_Part_30189_22148545.1132934574264--