device cpufreq

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Tue May 24 12:32:21 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:33:19AM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> Uh, no.
>
> AMD wishes to sell a 32-bit "value" CPU.  They are called the Sempron
> brand.  It makes most sense from a manufacturing POV to make these from a
> K8 derived core than to continue to produce K7 derivatives.  A Sempron is
> not an Athlon64 that failed QA tests.

I don't say that.  I said only some (early) Sempron are such amd64 with 64
bit turned off.  Maybe I misread and badly interpreted this page:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14578
last year.
(When I reread it, indeed it do not mention failing things).

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.