mplayer, amd64, and CPU flags

Axel Gonzalez loox at e-shell.net
Sat May 21 00:28:07 PDT 2005

I did a little research... problem seems to be in  TOOLS/cpuinfo

# gcc -o TOOLS/cpuinfo TOOLS/cpuinfo.c

# TOOLS/cpuinfo
vendor_id       :
model name      : Unknown CPU

the confugure file depends on this to determine the capabilities of the CPU,
since it fails to detect the correct type, it doesn't enable the extra flags.

maybe its safe to enable all flags directly on configure file (and skip the
x86_exts_check function) ? (configure line 929). After all, its an amd64, it
should have mmx, sse 3dnow etc.

the other option is to fix the cpuinfo file :)

I'll do a little more hacking tomorrow, and let you know