device cpufreq

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 20:31:17 PDT 2005

I updated to 6.0-CURRENT to test out the powernow
drivers on my machine. It's a laptop and the processor
is AMD Athlon-xpm.

I cannot be certain that I'm setting this thing up
right; and it may not even work on this box but I
suspect it does from that I've seen in this list. I'm
not sure how to check my cpu frequency. Any pointers
will be appreciated.

added to kernel:
device          cpufreq

added to rc.conf:
performance_cpu_freq="HIGH"
economy_cpu_freq="LOW"

carmen# sysctl dev.cpu
dev.cpu.0.%driver: cpu
dev.cpu.0.%parent: legacy0

carmen# dmesg
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP Processor 3000+ (1595.89-MHz
686-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0xf48  Stepping = 8

Features=0x78bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CM
OV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>
  AMD Features=0xc0500000<NX,AMIE,DSP,3DNow!>
cpu0 on motherboard
powernow0: <PowerNow! K8> on cpu0
device_attach: powernow0 attach returned 6

If history always begins this morning, the world holds
exciting surprises around every corner (241).
--Ann Coulter. Treason.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html