Rackmount MP AMD boxes?

ray at redshift.com ray at redshift.com
Sun May 15 21:40:51 PDT 2005

Hmm, good point.  I don't know if they have a non-flash-happy site.  They do
have good hardware and I believe use the Tyan S2881 boards.  I'm actually
sitting here compiling 5.4-RELEASE on one of their dual (single core) 246 boxes
right now :-)

Anyway, you can reach Eren directly at eniazi at ossmail.com if the flash stuff is
causing a problem - he's been very helpful with our transition from Xeon to
AMD64 hardware and once in a while I forward interesting messages from the list
to him as well.  I believe he should be very receptive to anyone from the
list/freebsd/etc as far as steering you in the right direction on AMD based
hardware.  He works closely with AMD and I know buys thousands of CPU's a year
from them.  Like I say, he's been very helpful to us, both with tech advice
relating to hardware, as well as support.  I believe they have a couple of guys
in house also that work with FreeBSD - and I'm always beating the "FreeBSD is
great" drum when I talk with them as well :)

Ray