[PHP] Compiling PHP 4.3.11 on FreeBSD 5.4 amd64

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Sat May 14 14:48:17 PDT 2005

Claus Guttesen wrote:

>>For some reason, when I compile php on my FreeBSD 5.4 machine (amd64
>>architecture), it is not creating the shared object file.
>>
>>Here is my config :
>>
>>./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --enable-ftp
>>--with-mcrypt=/usr/local -with-openssl -enable-url-fopen-wrapper
>>--enable-ftp --with-gd --with-zlib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib
>>--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-ttf --enable-gd-native-ttf
>>--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib --enable-shared
>>

>Did you use the ports-collection?
>
>regards
>Claus

Claus,

No, I did not use the ports collection because of all of the specific
configuration options I needed. I compiled it from source...

I also tried a vanilla compile, and still didn't get the shared object.

Maybe I will try to apply the patches that are in the ports version and
see if I can get it to create the shared object.

Tim.