Via K8T890 based box

Przemysław Nowaczyk p_nowaczyk at o2.pl
Fri May 13 01:52:16 PDT 2005

Hi to all,

I'm planing to buy an amd64 box and due to I haven't found any answers
to my questions in the archive nor on the web page I will ask them here:

- I want to buy Asus A8V-E Deluxe Via K8T890 motherboard and I'm
wondering if anybody has something like that and what are her/his
opinions about this board. And specially how does I run under FreeBSD of
course (any problems with ethernet adapters, sound, SATA, ACPI and so on..),

- I think about AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Socket 939) Venice or Winchester
(the same speed), especially the first one (new memory controller and
SSE3) and the same question as above (how does I work),

- finally, are there any problems with PCI-E graphic cards, especially
ATI X300/X600..?

I know this is rather an off-topic mail and thus I apologize for it, but
I really couldn't find any info on the web about this sort of box.
Thanks in advance.

Take care..

       Przemysław Nowaczyk        | e-mail: p_nowaczyk at o2.pl
          IT student @            | GG UIN: #1299898
  Poznan University of Technology | RLU: #293754 PLD/Slackware