FreeBSD 5.4R fails to run i386 binaries. Missing ld-elf32.so.1

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri May 13 00:46:36 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 09:59:37AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Adri Koppes, and lo! it spake thus:
> When I attempt to execute FreeBSD 4.x/5.x i386 dynamically linked
> libraries, I get the following error:
>
> ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1 not found Abort

Just as a data point: when I do a buildworld on an amd64 box I have
around with nothing special in make.conf, it builds them; the
ld-elf32, and the libraries in /usr/lib32.  However, when I installed
the system, I installed it i386, then did a cross-build to put amd64
on it.  During the cross-build, it did NOT build the ld-elf32 and
friends.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net