Benchmarking Disks on AMD64

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Thu May 12 09:29:11 PDT 2005

Hello All, thanks for sharing the Ubench scores.  My system is on or above par.

Now for the disk.  Is there an easy way to benchmark the disks in an AMD64
system. I've looked in ports benchmarks and there are a few.

Which program and config would you recommend using -- In such a way that the
results can be compaired to others running FBSDAMD64.  Please post scores and
methods if you have them.

I'd like to make sure my drives are running ok speed wise before I setup the box
the rest of the way.  Its seems 'fast' but I'd like to measure it in an accepted
generic fashon.

TIA
Eric