amr monitor for megaraid on amd64 platform

Sven Willenberger sven at dmv.com
Wed Mar 30 06:38:46 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 02:46 +0200, Sten Spans wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Sven Willenberger wrote:
>
> > Having perused the forums/google/etc I have found some references to
> > megaraid (amr) monitoring software for FreeBSD that included a) a linux
> > version from LSI that won't work because linux compat does not work for
> > ioctl and b) a freebsd megacontrol utiltiy that won't work because it
> > requires compat4x (or at least libc.so.4) and compat4x does not install
> > on amd64 platform.
> >
> > So has anyone come up with some type of monitoring or basic status type
> > software for the amr driver? I imagine drive failure(s) would show up
> > in /var/log/messages but I would prefer to be able to write some type of
> > shellscript that would check the status of the individual drives in the
> > raid array.
>
> source for an amr monitoring tool (amrstat) was posted
> on -current about a week ago. I have it online somewhere if you
> can't find it.

Thanks!! Found the source (it seems the thread was "Panic with amr and
5.4-PRERELEASE"
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-March/047479.html ) and a couple of added #include 's and some braces later was able to compile and run it. Seems to provide the basic functionality that I need.

Thanks again,

Sven