ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe FreeBSD 5.4-Beta problems

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Tue Mar 29 03:11:45 PST 2005

Dag-Erling Smørgrav schrieb:

>"O. Hartmann" <ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de> writes:
>

>>Booting from installation CDROM is not possible until acpi gets
>>disabled and this stays so when already did make world / new kernel
>>with a most recent CTM set of the kernel stuff.
>>

>Try to remove NO_MIXED_MODE from your kernel config, and see if it
>boots with ACPI enabled.

Sorry for waiting so long for the answers.
I will try this.

>>I read some time ago about nVidia nForce3/4 issues and I wonder that
>>this is still status quo.
>>

>The nForce 3 chipset is fairly well supported, while nForce 4 is still
>too new.
>
>DES

Well, this is what I expected but it means there will be support in the
nearer future
as I know this from FreeBSD. The machine runs with ACPI disabled, seems
to need
atpic in the kernel (but I thought this is legacy?).

Due to not being connected to the net I have to burn dmesg output to
DVD/CD RW
if it will be helpfull.

Thanks,
Oliver