hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9" (was Re: R3000Z Laptop Status)

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 22:55:59 PST 2005

> > Yes.  hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9" is all you need
> now.
>
> Apparently, there is something more that I need to
> know. I am not clear on what I'm supposed to do with
> this line - where I'm supposed to use it. Is there
> an
> explanation somewhere that I missed?

I just figured it out -- moments after the above
message. (blush).
But just in case there are any other people using this
nice equipment but can't boot the install CD, here's
what you do with the line:

At the Boot menu, select option 6. Escape to loader
prompt.

Then type:
set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9"
and then:
boot.

Here's what I noticed:
the CD will now boot but the keyboard is completely
disabled. (Wondering if that's useful or if there is
something else I should do.)