R3000Z Laptop Status

Astrodog astrodog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:08:26 PST 2005

Something that has struck me over the past few hours, as I've worked
on this machine, outside of the ACPI issue, and the keyboard issue,
which are both pretty trivial fixes at this point, this is one of the
better supported mobile FreeBSD platforms out there. Internal NIC was
detected fine, PCMCIA works great, sound works, USB works, Firewire
works, hell, the cardreader seems to work.... Not too many laptops can
make that claim. If there was a way to automate those 2 problems away,
this would be a great example for FreeBSD on mobile platforms.

--- Harrison Grundy