sis network card driver (was: Ethernet address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)

frank.w at hushmail.com frank.w at hushmail.com
Mon Mar 21 00:52:09 PST 2005

Hello!

I noticed the same effect as Ilia, namely that the Ethernet
card was not correctly recognized. The first sign of this
is the incorrect Ethernet address (in my case 00:00:00:00:00:00).
This problem occurs in all FreeBSD/amd64 versions, that is,
FreeBSD-5.3_RELEASE, FreeBSD-5-STABLE, and FreeBSD-current.

BUT: The network card is correctly recognized under
FreeBSD/i386 (checked with FreeBSD-5.3_RELEASE) !!!

The hardware in my case is an asrock upgrade board
with the network card on board.

Regards,

Frank