Qt applications hang

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Mar 20 03:15:06 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 11:30:29AM +0200, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Sunday 20 March 2005 09:26, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 05:47:01PM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> > > There's a recent entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING that may be relevant.
> >
> > I suspected at one time the system compiler to be busted, but I recompiled
> > everything with -O -pipe and the problem remains.
> >
> > Cc to -amd64 to see if there may be something architecture specific.
> >
> > [For the record, every QT application hang immediately when some menu
> > options are selected. The system is 5.4-PRERELEASE/amd64]
>
> I have 5.4-PRE on my work amd64 box (kernel/world built a few days ago) and
> I'm running KDE from ports in it without apparent problems.

The strange thing is, most of the things work (I have a user running kde from
an X terminal and not complaining).
Trying to open a file dialog (Location/Open Location in Konqueror) will
howewer result in a freezed gui.

There must be something locally broken, but so far I was unable to find it.

--
Francois Tigeot