amd64/78558: installation

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Tue Mar 8 08:21:50 GMT 2005

franco <frankzen at infinito.it> wrote
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:09:28 GMT:

|  I have 1 DVD on 1 IDE (primary), 1 DVD-ram on 2 ide (primary) and 1 SATA HD (Maxtor 6y160m0), mainboard Asus K8v-e de luxe.
|  Ihave installated on first partition Win XP.
|   at the boot it's the stop at: ad4:156334MB (maxtor ...)

FWIW I have about the same setup and it works fine here.  How much RAM
are you using?  I saw a thread on this list a week or two ago where
someone had some trouble using 2x512 MB.  I have 2x256 DDR400 CL2,5
but have also successfully run with CL3-memory (same size and speed).

(I did see some strange "warm boot" behaviour before upgrading my BIOS
though, it's quite possible that I had the boot hanging after the disk
had been detected.  ASUS claims to have fixed something related to
this in december -04 if I remember correctly.)