AMD64/rel 5.3 - setting up Linux compatibility

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Fri Mar 4 04:10:43 GMT 2005

On 2005-03-03T19:19:15-0800, dR wrote:
> I follow your steps, but I get no soffice.bin among
> the extracted files! (Your step 17.)
>
> # ls opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/
> libanalysis680li.so     libdate680li.so
> resource
> libbf_sc680li.so        libsc680li.so           scalc
> libcalc680li.so         libscd680li.so
>

> I get a syntax error message in step 13.
>
> while: Expression Syntax.
>

> - - -
>
> 8. fetch
> "http://openoffice.mirrors.pair.com/contrib/rc/2.0bc/OOo_2.0bc_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz"
> 9. tar -zxvf OOo_2.0bc_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz
> 10. cd RPMS
> 11. mv openofficeorg* /usr/compat/linux   # (do this
> so
> that the extracted
>    usr/bin and usr/share stuff are put in the right
> place
> later)
> 12. cd /usr/compat/linux
> 13. /bin/ls -1 openofficeorg*rpm | while read line; \
>    do rpm2cpio $line | tar -xvf - ; done
> 14. rm openofficeorg*rpm
> 15. echo "/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/filter"
>>> /usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf
> 16. /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
> 17. Execute
> /compat/linux/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/soffice

that is a one-liner to extract all of the RPMs, and since you only have
scalc, it looks like you only extracted the first of the many RPMs.
That is what happened to me initially when using...

rpm2cpio *rpm ......

the wildcard wasn't expanded, and only the first RPM was extracted.

if you are still having trouble, extract them all manually.

--
Mike Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]