Memory question

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Tue Mar 1 11:05:46 GMT 2005

Hi,
currently I'm using a ASUS A8V-Deluxe MB with 4x512MB DDR400 Samsung mem.
After some weeks of working without problems I got some interesting
memory corruption (md5 printing different values on repeated runs...)
when using dual-channel access. After reverting the dual-channel access,
all is stable again (for now).
(The system is cooled properly and not overloaded BTW)
- Has anyone else seen this?
- Is anyone using A8V with ECC mem?
- Any recommendation about mem brand?
- When using 4x1GB mem, what is the amount of usable mem?

Thanks in advance!

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com