Freebsd on motherboard GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Thu Jun 9 19:40:50 GMT 2005

El Jueves, 9 de Junio de 2005 19:34, Francisco Reyes escribió:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Scott Long wrote:
> > It's an nForce4.  I run FreeBSD 6-CURRENT on it as my normal
> > desktop. The only thing that doesn't work is the ethernet port.
>
> The original message asked about RAID (if I recall correctly). Do you
> know if the RAID is supported?
>
> > attempt to bring the PHY up.
>
> I think the motherboard I have also has the same Network card.. so
> you think it will be supported eventually on 6?

As far I know, you must wait to RELENG_6 for support.  I know sos@ have
a nForce4 board, but don't expect too quick development.

There are also patches from sos@ to import HEAD ata in RELENG_5, but
maybe a little bit outdated (-n version).
http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ATA/

If you only need two SATA disks,  Via RAID is more or less well
supported and funtcional.  Asus A8V Deluxe working well here.

--
  josemi