TYAN Transport TA26 (B2882) BIOS V3.03

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Sun Jul 31 17:37:18 GMT 2005

Greetings Fellow TA26 People:

Just noticed this at Tyan's website dated 07/08/05:

TYAN Transport TA26 (B2882)  BIOS V3.03:
New features and Fixes :

* Fixed the  Peepercon's USB KVM hang issue
* Implemented AMD recommend for if 4 or more DDR400 DIMM's are used,
then the DDR speed is forced to DDR333 by default
* Auto detect and added support for SMDC M3289 and
* M3290 cards.
* Implemented AMD erratum 123.
* Fixed DualCore CPU H/W Mem Remap issue
* Added IPMI Over Lan selectable itmes
* [82551]/[BCM5704]
* Fixed a Bank Interleaving function issue
* Fixed AMD PowerNow! implementation issues
* Fixed the reporting of CPU1 Vcore & CPU2 Vcore values

Okay, it's the 4 or more DIMMS that caught my eye.  Especially since on
a previous occassion they had specifically recommended Opteron 246 or
faster for use with DDR400.  So now if I ugrade to the latest BIOS my
4x1GB sticks of DDR400 will be forced to run at DDR333 speeds.

<vent>
Fantastic!! Just what I always wanted.  AMD ROCKS!!  Market CPU's as
supporting DDR400 then force us to run at DDR333 when you realize you
screwed up!
</vent>

And then there's the bank interleaving issue....

I am curious what other TA26 owners seeing/ doing?  My systems are still
at v3.01 and running single core 246's w/4x1GB sticks of DDR400 ECC Reg.
I've seen a KVM hang or two (but then I'm using PS2 not USB KVM....).
Other than staying away from the know issues w/ the flakey built in
Broadcom's I've not been having any problems. However, these systems
have yet to be really stressed.

TIA-

--
Best regards,