sym problems in 6.0-beta1

Peter Larkowski peter at larkowski.net
Fri Jul 29 03:08:33 GMT 2005

Hello:

I've been using 5.X/i386 on my athlon64 due to the PAGE_SIZE problem
with the sym driver in freebsd/AMD64.  I noticed that the driver in
-CURRENT had been updated and that specific problem fixed, so I tried
6.0-Beta1.  Now I get panic: sym: VTOBUS FAILED! right after detection
of the card.  Any ideas?  I only own scsi disks and I have 2 different
symbios cards (an LSI Logic and a Tekram DC-390F), and they behave
identically.  Any ideas?

Other system info:  Amd Athlon64 3000, Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard.  Let
me know what else I can post to help.

Thanks,
Peter