Benchmarks: AMD64 vs i386 on Dual 246 Opteron

Boleyn, Erich erich.boleyn at amd.com
Thu Jul 28 15:53:52 GMT 2005

Sorry for the extra note here, but I thought I'd make sure to point out that the
performance issue here could also very likely be an i386-specific path through
PHP (which was actually my first suspicion), and not FreeBSD-specific at all.

I'd bet that has a "generic" path and also machine-specific optimized paths
(given the number of targets PHP supports), and the i386-path has probably
been highly optimized given how many x86 machines run PHP.

Erich Boleyn
CPG Architecture
AMD