Crontab behavior in AMD64

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Fri Jul 1 16:54:58 GMT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, JM wrote:

> i know it seems simple but make sure your script has +x permissions. a lot of
> times i've forgotten to do this and overlooking this sometimes causes me some
> headaches. it's one of those things you forget and slap yourself about later.

Found the problem.
Will put complete details on a reply to a post I did in questions.. for
the archives.

Short version..
A file called /etc/nsswitch.conf needed to be changed because I compiled
the kernel without NIS.

However I still think that cron failing because it can not send an email
is a strange "feature". :-)