Asus A8V-E Deluxe discontinued (was Re: Hi)

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Wed Aug 17 05:53:05 GMT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:10:15 -0600
Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org> wrote:

> Ken Gunderson wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:01:19 -0600
> > Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org> wrote:

> >>I have almost the same system, but with an X600 card.  It works fine
> >>with the exception of the on-board network controllers.  As long as
> >>you're willing to drop in an alternate network card, it's a very
> >>good board.
> >

> > I just noticed that Asus is discontinuing this mainboard so if you've
> > been wanting one it's a good time to get one while you can.  Might look
> > for them to be priced for clearance as well...
> >

> I forgot to mention that this board doesn't support dual core chips.
> That's probably why it's being discontinued.

Which seems a bit incongruous at first blush since per Asus website the
A8V-E SE does support dual core and both boards use the same VIA K8T890
chipset but I guess there's some other stumbling block.

Been a busy boy as of late building systems for others.  Now it's my
turn and I've got a couple of the A8V-E SE's on order;-)  Can't wait!
Might be a mistake but I decided to forgo the dual core for now in
favor of a 3700+

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson