to dual core or not to dual core...

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Mon Aug 15 21:36:21 GMT 2005

On August 15, 2005 02:08 pm, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> ah, that is the question...

> It seems to me that for most normal workstation use one might well be
> better off w/investing in faster single core cpu than in dual core.
> Anybody running the dual core on desktop fbsd workstation can report?

Considering 95% of all Socket 939 motherboards will accept dual-core
processors with nothing more than a BIOS update, get a single-code
system now, and upgrade to dual-core when the prices drop.

The nice thing about AMD systems is you can do that.  :)  Intel
dual-core requires an entire new chipset/motherboard, RAM, etc.
--
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net