amd64/84930: [msdosfs] something wrong with msdosfs on amd64

Mikhail Teterin mi at corbulon.video-collage.com
Mon Aug 15 11:20:17 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR amd64/84930; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi at corbulon.video-collage.com>
To: rsmith at xs4all.nl (Roland Smith)
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, andy at athame.co.uk
Subject: Re: amd64/84930: [msdosfs] something wrong with msdosfs on amd64
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

 > Did you get any unusual messages in the system logfiles?

 No, I checked.

 > > Or, maybe, it is related to its size? Two people have responded so far
 > > with their _working_ examples, but theirs are 61Mb and 250Mb.
 >
 > Could be, but I don't think so. IIRC, you have to have the "options
 > MSDOSFS_LARGE" in your kernel for drives >128GB.

 The disk is 40Gb... It is above 2Gb (and 4Gb), which may explain why the
 behavior is different from the working examples. But it is well below
 the size requiring special treatment -- and, indeed, works fine with my
 i386 systems.

 	-mi