designing new freebsd server for amd64 arch

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Apr 20 06:43:22 PDT 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 4:30 PM, Ken Gunderson wrote:

> Vivek, could you provide a quick recap?  I can't recall if this was a
> FBSD driver issue or a HW issue w/Tyan?  In either case, I assume
> time should result in a fix?

Undetermined.  There was report of a PCI bus timing error on older K8SR
boards, but Tyan says those were corrected on or after Rev C.  My board
is Rev E.

For all I know plugging in the NIC into the other PCI bus (the onboard
is on one bus, the new one is on the same bus as the LSI RAID card)
changed whatever timing problem might have been causing the error.

But at this point, to quote an old professor of mine, "I don't know,
and I don't care" :-(

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806