REcomomendations- New to AMD64 Platform

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue Apr 19 08:17:11 PDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:08:11 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Shafron <phred1975 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nope, using the SATA version of the board.  Right now
> I have a software RAID (gmirror) running but plan on
> upgrading to a hardware solution shortly, doing my
> research now...

Happen to know the status of gvinum off the top of your head?
Vinum was fine under 4.x but last I heard gvinum was long way from
ready for prime time but I haven't kept up on this issue.  I prefer a
hw raid solution but also don't want to add another grand to the server
budget.

FWIW- I do know that the Intel ROB (raid on board) solutions are
supported.  So it's a drag there are issues on the AMD64 side, wh/is
also Tier 1.

Thanks for your input

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key-- 9F5179FD

"Freedom begins between the ears."	-- Edward Abbey