Recommendations?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Apr 16 03:23:24 PDT 2005

Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> writes:
> 	I have an Asus A8N-SLI (nforce4) Motherboard based box running
> 	5-STABLE for some time now. Issues are :
> 	x ACPI (quite common),

ACPI should work.  It's not an issue on the SK8N.  In any case, it's a
BIOS issue, not a chipset issue.

If you meant APIC and not ACPI, it should work in mixed mode.  6.0 has
code which supposedly makes mixed mode unnecessary, but I haven't
tested it (I don't have a CPU for my SK8N right now)

> 	x Sound (not much a problem since I have an Emu10K1 based sound
> 	card which is far better),

Sound shouldn't be a problem; the nForce audio codec is ICH-compatible
and should work with snd_ich.  I'm not sure if I ever tested that,
though.

> 	x Network (sk0 works fine, but not should-be-nv0),

If you're using the nvnet port, that's a known issue.  6.0 has a
native driver.

> 	x USB (no clue, I'm not using it ATM but firewire works).

USB worked fine on my SK8N - well enough for keyboards, mice and
memory sticks, anyway.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no