5.3Beta6 not working with Asus K8V Deluxe SE

tfagart at brozs.net tfagart at brozs.net
Thu Sep 30 04:56:39 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm  using 5.2.1-i386 on Asus K8V Deluxe SE successfully.
My attempt to install 5.2.1-amd64 was successful, but then the system
was not stable at all (hanging while compiling software for sample).
Each time it hangs i've got the page fault message.
I've tried to install 5.3Beta5-amd64, with ACPI disable, but while doing
the install of the ports I also got the message Panic : page fault and
systems hangs.

With 5.3Beta6-am64, the install was successfull, but then I still got
System hang, each time I launch compilation.
I think this might be related to kern/70931 but it is in Waiting for
feedback state.

Do you think there's a chance that the 5.3-Stable for amd64 will work for
this  motherboard ?

Thomas