A number of show-stopper bugs...

Axel Gonzalez loox at e-shell.net
Sat Sep 25 11:12:36 PDT 2004

I'm running -CURRENT, so not sure if this applies to 5.3

I noticed some problems with snd_via8233 with prior kernels (~ < 17 sep, last
I built with problems was around 10 sep)

Under heavy disk activity (cvsup, buildworld) esdplay almost completly crashed
the system.. x was dead (mouse didn't move), most services were dead (ssh ftp
natd), but it replied to pings.

With no disk activy, I was able to listen to a stream for hours + kde sounds +
edsplay with no problems .

With last kernel I built (17 sep) system seems to be ok, and haven't been able
to reproduce the problem again.

I think there is some other minor problem with esdplay, but haven't been able
to trace it, or even  confirm it. Building a new kernel now, and try to find
the problem (or see if it even exists).

I' m also using NETGRAPH modules (dinamically loaded) for pppoe with no
problems whatsoever for almost a month now.

Im using:
FreeBSD moonlight.e-shell.net 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #1: Fri Sep 17
23:38:49 CDT 2004     root at moonlight.e-shell.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LXAMD64
amd64

ng modules:

 6    4 0xffffffff96343000 d5c2     netgraph.ko
 7    2 0xffffffff96351000 1add     ng_ether.ko
 8    1 0xffffffff96353000 43f9     ng_pppoe.ko
 9    1 0xffffffff96358000 24ed     ng_socket.ko